Welcome to Family Eye Care Solutions
20/20 sight does not mean good vision
Dr. Laura Vasilakos provides detailed, comprehensive vision examinations for your entire family.
As an experienced optometrist, Dr. Vasilakos specializes in an innovative, non-surgical therapy that eliminates the need for glasses or daytime contact lenses and slows down the progression of nearsightedness. This process is called orthokeratology or ortho-k.
Dr. Laura, as her patients call her, also dedicates herself to services for children including developmental vision evaluations, non-surgical treatment for eye turns (strabismus) and minimal to no patching for lazy eye (amblyopia).
Dr. Laura follows these values when treating her patients:
- Stronger and stronger prescriptions for glasses and contacts should NOT be the standard.
- Every child should have the chance to develop the visual skills critical to reading and academic success.
- There IS a difference between seeing the letters on the eye chart and processing visual information.
- People have the right to understand their diagnosis and treatment plan so they can make an educated decision about their vision care.
Conveniently located, schedule an appointment to see what solutions Dr. Vasilakos has to offer!
Family Eyecare Solutions will follow Hingham Public Schools delay or closure announcements for inclement weather, as broadcast on TV stations WBZ, WCVB, WHDH, Fox, NBC and NECN.
- If there is a 1-hour delay, the office will open at 9:00am.
- If there is a 2-hour delay, the office will open at 10:00am.
- If Hingham Schools are closed, the office will be closed that day for the safety of the patients and staff.
If you have an appointment scheduled during the delayed-opening or closed hours, you will be contacted to reschedule your appointment. Stay safe