Why choose contact lenses?
First, contact lenses provide excellent side, or peripheral, vision. They don’t get fogged during the rainy weather. Finally, contact lenses match everything you wear.
A contact lens evaluation includes special tests that are not performed during a comprehensive eye examination. Contact lenses are medical devices, regulated by the FDA, which require a fitting and a prescription, including colored, non-prescription cosmetic styles.
A contact lens evaluation includes the following measurements will be taken to ensure proper fit and vision:
- Cornea measurement
- Tear film evaluation
- Evaluation of the interface of the contact and your eye’s surface
Family Eye Care Solutions offers many types of contacts styles to suit your needs. These include:
- Soft contact lenses (made of soft, flexible plastic that allow oxygen to filter to your eyes)
- Daily Disposable
- Planned Replacement
- Extended Wear or Overnight
- Toric (astigmatism)
- Gas Permeable (GP) lenses (made of firm, oxygen-permeable plastic that retains its shape and allows for crisp vision)
- Scleral lenses (larger GP lenses recommended for irregular corneas due to keratoconus or previous surgery)